Registration karwalo

TAN Registation

Valuable advise is play the most important role for businessman

What we do

Get your TAN number in very easy process from Registration Karwalo .

TAN Registation

Get in touch

TAN Registration

In India, a Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number (TAN) is a 10 digit (9958150128) number issued to persons that are necessary to deduct or collect tax on payments made by them under the Indian Income Tax Act, 1961. Every Assessee liable to deduct TDS is required to apply for TAN No. and shall quote this number in all TDS Returns, TDS payments any other communication according to with Income Tax authority. It can be mandatory to quote TAN on all TDS (Tax Deduction at Source) returns (including e-TDS return) or any type of TDS payment challan and Failure to do so attract a penalty of Rs.10000.

As per section 203 (a) of Income Tax Act 1961 Every person, deducting tax or collecting tax in accordance with TDS/TCS provision, who has not been allotted a tax deduction account number or, as the case may be, a tax collection account number, shall, within such time as may be prescribed, apply to the Assessing Officer for the allotment of a "tax deduction and collection account number”.


 TAN Structure
  • TAN structure is the following ANBA12345B: First four characters are letters, next five are numerals, and the last character is just a letter.
  • Each tax deductor is uniquely identified with a TAN.
  • The initial three characters represent the city or state where in fact the TAN was issued.
  • The fourth character represents the first character of the name of the deductor.
  • And the remaining 5 characters are numeric.


Eligibility for TAN Registration
  • Every person liable to deduct tax at source or collect tax at source is required to obtain TAN.

To acquire TAN, an application must come in for allotment of TAN in Form 49B combined with the required supporting documents. Based on the application, the TAN will be allotted to the entity and the entity must quote the TAN in all TDS/TCS returns, TDS/TCS payment challans and all TDS/TCS Accreditation. Once TAN is issued, It is valid for life Time. Registration Karwalo can help you obtain your TAN enrolment quickly and hassle-free.


Package Details
  • Application Preparation – A Registration Karwalo consultants will prepare your TAN Application and obtain your signature in the format along with necessary supporting documents.
  • Application Processing - Once the application is prepared, our experts submit the TAN application to the concern Tax Department.
  • Allotment of Password by NSDL - A new mail will be received on your e-mail Id form TIN containing User Id and Password.
  • Professional Fees and Government Fees




Q.1 How can I know the quantum of tax deducted from my income by the payer?

Ans. The deductor of the tax is required to issue TDS certificate to the deductee within the specified.You can also check form 26AS from your e-filling account at can also use the “view your tax credit” facility available at


Q.2What to do if the TDS credit is not reflected in form 26AS?

Ans. Non-reflection of TDS credit in form 26AS can be due to several reason like non-deposit of tax by the payer, non-filing of TDS statement by the payer, quoting incorrect PAN of the deductee in the TDS statement filed by the payer. Thus, in case of non-reflection of TDS credit in form 26AS, the payee has to contact the payer for ascertaining the correct reasons for non- reflection of the TDS credit in Form 26AS.


Q.3 I have not received TDS certificate from the deductor. Can I claim TDS in my return of income?

Ans. Yes, the tax credit in your case will be reflected in your form 26AS and, hence, you can check form 26AS and claim the credit of the tax accordingly. However, the claim of TDS to be made in your return of income should be strictly as per the TDS credit being reflected in form 26AS. If there is any discrepancy in the tax actually deducted and the tax credit is reflected in form 26A, then you should intimate the same to the deductor and should reconcile the difference. The credit granted by the income tax department will be as perform 26AS.


Q.4What is the difference between PAN and TAN?

Ans. PAN stands for a permanent account number and TAN stands for tax deduction account number. TAN is to be obtained by the person responsible to deduct tax. i.e., the deductor. IN all the documents relating to TDS and all the correspondence with the income tax department relating to TDS one has to quote his TAN. PAN cannot be used for TAN; in case of TDS on purchase of land and building (as per section 194-UA) as discussed in the previous FAQ, the deductor is not required to obtain TAN and can use PAN for remitting the TDS.



Q.5 My employer did not deposit the tax to the government account, although he deducted the tax from my salary. Can I claim a credit of TDS?

Ans. No. you can take the credit of TDS only on production of TDS certificate, however, if you have some proof to show that tax has been deducted at source from your salary, the action can be taken against your employer on your complaint to the jurisdictional ITO (TDS).


Q.6 We have credited the interest on 31st March and paid the same on the same date. What is the time limit to deposit the tax deducted from such interest?

Ans. As per new rule, you should deposit the tax by 30th April.


Q.7 The employer has deducted excess TDS from the salary of an employee. Can the company refund the money to him directly?

Ans. No. you are required to deposit tax deducted by you. Any refunds made by you would attract prosecution proceedings. The employee concerned should file the statement of income and claim the refund.


Q.8  What are the consequences a deductor would face if he fails to deduct TDS or after deducting the same fails to deposit it to the government’s account?

Ans. A deductor would face the following consequences if he fails to deduct TDS or after deducting the same fails deposit to the credit of central government’s account:


(a) Disallowance of expenditure


As per section 40(a)(i) of the income- tax act, any sum (other than salary) payable outside India or to a no –resident, which is chargeable to tax in India in the hands of the recipient, shall not be allowed to be deducted if it is paid without deduction of tax at source or if tax is deducted but is not deposit with the central government till the due date of filing of return.


However, if the tax is deducted or deposited in a subsequent year, as the case may be, the expenditure shall be allowed as a deduction in that year.

Similarly, as per section 40(a)(ia),any sum payable to a resident, which is subject to deduction of tax at source, would attract 30% disallowance if it is paid without deduction of tax at source or if tax is deducted but is not deposited with the central government till the due date of filing of return.

However, when in respect of any such sum, the tax is deducted or deposited in a subsequent year, as the case may be, the expenditure so disallowed shall be allowed as a deduction in that year.


(b) Levy of interest

As per section 201 of the income-tax act, if a deductor fails to deduct tax at source or after deducting the same fails to deposit it to the government’s account then he shall be deemed to be an assessee-in-default and liable to pay simple interest as follows:-


(i) At one percent for every month or part of a month on the amount of such tax from the date on which such tax was deductible to the date on which such tax is deducted; and
(ii) At one and one-half percent for every month or part of a month on the amount of such tax from the date on which such tax was deducted to the date on which such tax is actually paid.


(c) Levy of penalty

The penalty of an amount equal to tax not deducted or paid could be imposed under section 271C.


Q55. Can the payee request the payer not to deduct tax at source and to pay the amount without deduction of tax at source?

Ans. A payee can approach to the payer for non-deduction of tax at source but for that they have to furnish a declaration in Form No. 15G/15H, as the case may be, to the payer to the effect that the tax on his estimated total income of the previous year after including the income on which tax is to be deducted will be nil.

Form No. 15G is for the individual or a person (other than company or firm) and Form No. 15H is for the senior citizens.

The following assesse who is in receipt of the specific incomes can approach to the payee for non-deduction of tax at source:-

  1. A resident individual who is in receipt of income as referred to in 192A, 194 or 194EE if the amount of such income does not exceed the maximum amount which is not chargeable to income-tax.
  2. Any person (other than a company or a firm) who is in receipt of income as referred to in section 193, 194A, 194D, 194DA or 194-I if the amount of such income does not exceed the maximum amount which is not chargeable to income –tax.
  3. A resident senior citizen (i.e., an individual resident in India who is of the age of sixty years or more at any time during the previous year) who is in receipt of income as referred to in section 192A, 193, 194, 194A, 194D, 194DA, 194EE, or 194-I

Alternatively, a payee who is in receipt of income referred to in section 192, 193, 194, 194A, 194C, 194D, 194G, 194H, 194-I, 194J, 194LA, 194LBB, 194LBC, or 195 can apply in Form No. 13 to the assessing officer to get a certificate authorizing the payer to deduct tax at lower rate or deduct no tax as may be appropriate.

On receiving such an application, the AO may issue an appropriate certificate in this regard if he is satisfied that the total income of the payee justifies the deduction of income-tax at any lower rate or nil deduction of income tax.


As per income-tax (Ninth Amendment) Rules,2014, a certificate for non-deduction of income-tax shall be issued directly to the person responsible for deducting the tax under an advice to the payee (i.e., who made an application for issue of such certificate). Whereas, certificate of lower deduction of income-tax shall be issued to payee itself.


If AO has issued certificate for no deduction of tax or lower deduction of tax, as the case may be, then payer should deduct tax accordingly


Q.9Under what provision should e-TDS/TCS returns be filed?

  Ans. As per section 200(3)/206C, as deductors/collections are required to file quarterly TDS/TCS  statement from FY 2005-06 onwards.


Q.10Who is the e-filing Administrator?

CBDT has appointed Director General of Income-tax (systems) as E-filing Administrator for the purpose of electronic filing of TDS/TCS returns.


Q.11 Are the forms used for e- TDS/TCS return same as for physical returns?

Ans. Forms for filing TDS/TCS returns were notified by CBDT. These forms are same for electronic and physical returns. However, e-TDS/TCS return is to be prepared as a clean text ASCII file in accordance with the specified data structure (file format) prescribed by ITD.


Q.12What is the data structure (file format) for preparing e-TDS/TCS returns?

Ans: e-TDS/TCS returns should be prepared in accordance with the data structure (file Format) prescribed by the e-filing administrator. The separate data structure has been prescribed for each type of form of quarterly return (FY 2005-06 onwards).


Q.13Is it mandatory to mention tax deduction account number (TAN) in e- TDS/TCS return?

Ans. Yes, it is mandatory to mention the 10 digit reformatted (new) TAN in your e- TDS/TCS return.


Q.14 Is PAN mandatory for deductors and employee/deductees?

Ans. PAN of the deductors has to be given by non- government deductors. It is essential to quote PAN of all deductee’s failing which credit of tax deducted will not be given.


Q.15Where can I file my TDS\TCS statement?

Ans. You can file your TDS\TCS statement at any of the TIN-FCs managed by NSDL. TIN-FCs are set-up at specified locations across the country. Details are given in the NSDL-TIN website. These can also be furnished directly at NSDL-TIN website.


Q16. Can the e-TDS//TCS return be filed online?

Ans. Yes, e- TDS/TCS return can be filed online under digital signature.



TAN Registation
Download File


Registration karwalo
  • Quick advise by qualified professional
  • Maintain Confidentiality for clients data
  • Secure online payment and money back as per refund policy
  • Maintain 99% accuracy in work

Fill below form, arrange free expert call now!!!

Why Registration karwalo?

Client Satisfaction

Data confidentiality

Quality Services

Reasonable Price

Secure Online Payment

Dedicated Team